I have always lived with health issues. I could not tell you how many things over my life I have been diagnosed with. All had a pill to treat whatever I had. With all the pills I have put in my body over the years you think I would be healthy but alas...I have still struggled with health my entire life. After the birth of my son in 2008 my health problems seemed to increase even more. I was tired all the time, my whole body aches, I have severe hives, IBS, and migraines with TMJD. Pretty much I feel like a mess all the time. Finally after years of constant and different diagnoses a doctor suggested I may have something called fibromyalgia. It was unreal and relieving to think that maybe I am not sick with everything but have one serious issue that can be treated. Sadly due to the way our system is set up I lost health care coverage and never got my official diagnoses but all the research I have done says the same thing. Fibromyalgia or not I HAVE to get a hold of my health. As a massage therapist and yoga instructor I understand health and have always taken care of my body and I was getting fed up with still feeling ill all the time. What else could I do? I worked out, I ate pretty good, and I am happy. Then I came across a wonderful film: Food Matters (*GASP* it does!?!?)
The whole film preached everything I have ever thought about health but with more of a raw approach. It makes so much sense! With a raw foods diet, supplements and a healthy lifestyle I wont only help my fibromyalgia but also live without the need of doctors and medical intervention. Sounds pretty great when health insurance is not an option.
So here I go! A new lifestyle for what I hope feels like a new me. It will be hard since I tend to jump between dietary lifestyles but hopefully this blog will help keep me on track. It will be hard, crazy and very very raw but it will also be (at least I hope) totally worth it....
No comments:
Post a Comment